Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Laptop crash-o-rama...

I spent the last 3-4 hours playing TF2 on the soon to be Quad-core because the ATI Drivers for my intergrated graphics keeps crashing the game. It did it in Portal and this...

I now have two choices: Play exclusively on the soon to be Quad-core or swap out my Laptop Motherboard for an Intel with Nvidia.

Here's a forum thread describing this problem with ATI and Valve's Source 2007 engine.

S**U BSOD!

Edit (June 21): I just wrapped up a 8+ hour session on Team Fortress 2 on my laptop, amazing it didn't crash even when rendering in 768p (720p is possible too). The key is to add this to your "Set launch options" box: "-dxlevel 80 -windowed -width 1280 -height 768". (The one for 720p is "-dxlevel 80 -windowed -width 1280 -height 720") The framerate for intergrated graphics is mostly the same at any resolution. But using it has had some 8-9 frames per second lags. After launching TF2, you must set every graphics setting to their lowest setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home