Saturday, January 03, 2009

VLC gets uglier...



Versus



I love the streamlined ans simple design of the old VLC, don't the buttons on the new ones look so clunky and not streamlined?

Just like Folding@home's community response to the NVIDIA GPU project 5748, there is a consensus of dislike to the new interface. The discussion continues here.

I particularly like this post from the discussion:

"I don't need fancier controls or styles - if I did, I would have used a skin. It's all just in the way, quite unnecessarily. The design philosophy of the VLC was never to try to compete with the fancy-smancy commercial products with their increasingly convoluted interfaces - it makes me sad to see this change."


That is exactly how I feel about this. But hey... it now supports AVCHD so that's a plus. But man is it so ugly...

I'll be sticking to VLC version 0.8.6 until this changes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home