Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The root of all my recent evils...

Ok, I have to admit it...

I deeply envy owning a HVR-Z1U right now. I had hands on experience with the camera 2 years ago and I couldn't have felt better. Now I need to own the camera for myself.

This all started because all new HDV cameras out now are "rolling (electronic) shutter" CMOS cameras. This makes it cheaper for a better image, but it's a nightmare to a matchmoving application. There is more info on this here:

http://dvxuser.com/jason/CMOS-CCD/

The Z1U is the last affordable 3CCD HDV camera that has the features I need. This lead to me needing a job at Greedy Productions since I swore to myself after getting the HC7 to get the Z1U only when I have a job. That's not going well, as Victor Lucas just told me (via Mr.Kwan) that he's only accepting me once I get into post-secondary. And that's not soon... one more year of Grade 12 for me.

I'm hearing about this "ACE-IT" program at Burnaby North which might have Z1Us in the program... that is uncertain as of now.

Basically, if I could get a Z1U in my hands in the near future, I'll be happy. Otherwise it's more broken sleep patterns...

Edit (May 14th): I think I need to head on over to Leo's Camera Supply in Vancouver. That could solve this... or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home