Monday, April 06, 2009

Driver's license required?

And no, we're not talking ID and such for liquor, we're talking about this part of the program description for BCIT's Broadcast Television Program:

"Television students must have a valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle in Levels 1 through 4."


from http://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/610cdiplt

I'll try to find out the truth tonight at their info session. If this is true, I can't go there as I'm not in the position to delay schooling just to get a driver's license.

Better yet, anyone have an answer to this mystery?

And for those wondering why the change of heart towards BCIT, well, You can thank a CBC Vancouver ENG cameraman and reporter for that. Bumped into them at the Vancouver Aquarium on the Monday of spring break.

Edit: The session is over, and the answer is:

It's a preference. It's not a requirement to have a driver's license, there are ways to get around this obstacle.

Therefore, BCIT is still open for me to apply. (Just have an English exam to complete in order for full acceptance...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Murman said...

Hi Jack,

Your change of heart is a good one.
Although I have not attended any post secondary collage or Tech school for Television, I do recommend anyone interested in a career in TV do so. Times have changed since I broke into the Business in 1981. It is VERY difficult to walk in "off the street" and land a TV job.

If you need any information Jack, contact me at CTV. If you call the main switchboard and ask for Murray in the ENG Camera dept. They will put you through to the news room. You will likely get an intern answing the phone. leave a message, and I will get back to you. You can also contact me via email at mtitus@ctv.ca

Tue Apr 07, 02:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jack Zhang said...

You know, going into BCIT might just give me a chance to meet you in studio...

Anyways, sent the e-mail.

Tue Apr 07, 07:46:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home