Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Next Camera...

I'm split between the Canon XH-A1 which has native 1440x1080 CCDs and could do 24p but that can't be captured by my current video editor, Sony Vegas.



And the Sony HVR-Z1U, sightings of this camera are so wide that you'll see them nearly everywhere. It's the primary camera for "Deadliest Catch", it even has NTSC/PAL switching! The only bummer is no 24p and a lower pixel count CCD.



I'm leaning towards the Z1U since I used it before back in 2006, but it all depends if I'm editing Final Cut Pro or Vegas in the next few years.

But which camera (and hopefully specifically for one of you out there who's name's related to time) do YOU think I should get as my next camera?

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin Breault said...

Since your familiar with the Z1U, I'd say go with that one. You seem to have a plan too ("convert 60i to 24p").

Sun Apr 27, 05:44:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home