Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New rough times... (serious life post)

My morale and my perception of how people are in the world today are conflicting.
After the daveslash incident, My parents are telling me to not socialize at all with people who tell dirty jokes. (which must be 100% of the American population) But trying to be normal is to give amusement, it's just some people do it the potentially offensive "American" way. My Asperger's has been a huge roadblock in socialization, and I think I'm ready to stop socializing again. The past year was a tremendous success, but it looks like thanks to daveslash, it's over. No apologies will be accepted (unless it's the sworn truth, which I highly doubt from dave).

Time to slip into another trench of depression. There are also times where I just can't get off my mind things that are just wrong (For example: I accidentally bumped into a old Cantonese lady on the bus once and she PUNCHES me and starts yelling in Cantonese. It took 2 hours to forget about her consciously but unconsciously, she's still on my mind everytime I see someone who looks like her.)

I'm not ready. I'm not ready.

I also think back to a man that was killed by the police for going bipolar on a just landed plane and claiming to have a... well, you know. I have this fear everytime after an incident...

And who could forget Robert Dziekański...

:(

(These are the thoughts right after a pep talk about my incident, the internet's care-free insult hurdlers, and my Asperger's for that being anti-social is healthy.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin Breault said...

I can tell you right away that anti-social is not healthy. A good social life is one of the main elements of a good mental and emotional health. A bad social life is just as bad as anti-social. You need friends that understands you and understands your moral/life values and AS. Socializing is first and foremost about being with people that understand each other.

It's not easy finding good friends. It's even harder to notice bad friends.

It is possible for AS to not be a roadblock at all—to make it work for you. For this, you have some personal work to do. You have to first understand how your AS affects you. The rest will come smoothly.

That's about all the help I can give from 5,600+ Km away.

Tue Jun 24, 03:08:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home