Thursday, August 07, 2008

My HC7 is dead for now... (and REALLY bad luck)

Here's the deal, I had just pressed start/stop during the filming of my "Don't Forget Your Passport" episode about the Southwest of the United States at the Golden Gate Bridge visitor's center when one leg of the tripod (that had showed signs of failing that day) failed and took my camera, with the tripod legs fully extended, down onto the CEMENT/CONCRETE pavement and ruined the power switch. I took out my tape just in time, however, later on it failed to when it failed to retract. Some unfortunate circumstances lead to that to be ruined too, no longer to automatically insert or remove the tape. I will get a HC9 as soon as I get back to LA. But here's the destinations I didn't film (or cannot upcomingly film) due to this disaster:

*Napa Valley
*Twin Peaks
*The Castro
*The Blue and Gold's fleet cruise around the bay
*Pier 39 (I struggled to get my HC7 to work here and failed)
*City Hall
*Treasure Island view of Downtown San Fran at nighttime
*The 17 mile drive
*Monterrey Bay

Here's what I was able to film today before it happened:

*Approach into San Fran on the Oakland Bay bridge
*Portions of Downtown
*Lombard Street
*Portions of The Palace of Fine Arts (being renovated)

First, I get blown out of a tour at you know where, then I lose my camera's power switch, then (minor, but nonetheless notable) I spilled Sprite that had overfizzed onto my body then got mustard on my shirt at Pier 39, then ruined the tape drive on my camera, then thoughts of suicide sprang up again... and that has not happened for quite a while. I even predicted that what will happen next is we were gonna be robbed with guns at one of our pit stops, and it turns out to be partially true with the most recent spring of robberies in the Oakland area being a Chinese restaurant (where all of these tours stop for lunch or dinner). (I got that from NBC Bay Area)

Unless my luck turns, This is going to be one terrible vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home