Sunday, May 31, 2009

I finished my own version of Paul Bae's Third Rail segment

This will not be public though, I'm only sharing it to a select few (that would include The CityNews List staff).

It was edited and shot in HDV (huge step up from their current DVCPRO 25Mbps setup. They plan to at least get DVCPRO 50Mbps soon). The camera I used was a Canon HV30 and the chroma key was surprisingly good after I blurred the chroma.

Hmmm...... OK... I can tease everyone with one screenshot of the video:



The graphics for the bottom headlines is in SD cause I don't have the original images for that and making one from scratch would look too cheesy. Besides, Hockey Night in Canada uses Widescreen SD graphics for their scoreboards...

Now do you see the potential of working in HDV, James Donison? Downconvert the HD image to SD and it would look so much better than a DV25 chroma key (BTW, I used a blue screen (wall), not a green screen.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home