Sunday, June 21, 2009

A GTX 275 it is...

It's risky, but I'm willing to bet that there will be lower prices for the GTX 275 in the mid-July timeframe, allowing me to get that instead of a GTX 260.

The reasoning to get the 275 instead of the 260 is due to the fact that the 275 has nearly an identical processor to that of the 285. The higher spec chips passed tests that make them binned as the higher and superior processors. And any which chip that has defects that prevent it for going to the higher specifications gets binned as a 260.

I will obviously go non-overclocked (I only have a Corsair HX520 power supply. It meets the 40A minimum but should be solid enough to handle the load) and go with a EVGA card.

I'll also make a multi-cam Vimeo video comparing performance boost from the old card to the new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home