Sunday, June 21, 2009

MMVA 09 online HD Fail

Finally, a fail that I can report that doesn't involve me.

The HD feed of the MMVAs (The MuchMusic Video Awards) is multicast in 3 different bitrates...

600kbps, 1.4Mbps, and 3Mbps (only 3Mbps is 720p30HD)

Thing is, if your connection craps out on HD (and it has on my 25Mbps Cable connection), the feed transision is a terrible color bars and a bouncing grey box feed. :P

So, why would you add a bad feed to your multicast stream? Outrageous and it gets the gigantic...



Award.

Edit: ATSC and HD cable is much more reliable. And at the moment the new problem is it randomly stops. But that could be my 25Mbps connection crapping out.
Silverlight right now is next-gen my (bleep) when it comes to keeping a reliable feed.

Heck, another...



Never using Silverlight agsin.

Edit #2: And now there's a tone with the bars. :P :P

Your only solution, refresh the page if this happens. If IE8 crashes, Ctrl-Alt-Del the thing. Let the MS bashing begin (everywhere other than here).

Edit #3: Now the music mismatches the video... Refresh the page... AGAIN.

Edit #4: Now... NO VIDEO! Screw this, this stinks anyways.

Edit #5: OK, it's back... But I bet not for long. And there's a 2Mbps HD bitrate now. But I'm going to dinner... And this seems a little bit like Twitter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home