Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WinTV HVR-950Q mystery

Here's all I know: I just bought a WinTV HVR-950Q to watch HDTV on my laptop while I'm in NYC. I've got it working with the internal decoders and the EVR renderer but the framerate when viewing Live TV in 1080i is only 29.97 de-interlaced by blending fields.

I had just noticed the ability to use third party decoders in my WinTV 7 program and was able to use the Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 MPEG-2 decoder in windowed mode. Framerate is a smooth 60 when playing 1080i channels through this decoder.

When I went to full screen though, the USB stick always stopped decoding after a very short while.

Looking at my logs, I was getting the log entry "[DEBUG] Source Aspect Ratio: 16x9" every 1/100th of a second in full screen mode when using Cyberlink (resulting in a log file of over 10MB).

Another look at the log reveals a message saying "[DEBUG] Short sleep (5 seconds)".

Also, sometimes attempts to reset to the old decoders lead to BSODs and complete system lock-ups. Changing the settings were also shaky for a bit but a simple XML file change can help.

If anyone can help me on this or can convince the manufacturer to release a bugfix, feel free to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home