Thursday, November 12, 2009

1080p on YT? Pl-eeze...

This is not the marketing move that will make me return to YT. First off, Vimeo is much better when it comes to it's community aspect compared to the abusive community on YT.

Plus, nothing's been done about the WMG crap and Fair Use remains in a tombstone not to be disturbed on YT.

Sorry, but I'm putting my pity towards both Vimeo and YT. Vimeo disabled original file download and now that YT has 1080p, isn't that a reason to not dumb down the free accounts on Vimeo but rather bump them up in quality? And YT's ID system is exactly why veterans of the site (such as AMV makers) never use it anymore.

It's impossible to get YT to change their act, but Vimeo sure as heck can. Get 1080p on Vimeo (that is also accessible to the free users) and I'll be happy.

Edit (Expressing my right for Freedom of Speech): Looks like DOUBLE takedowns are happening where it goes Down->Counter->Up->Down->Banned.

R.I.P. Fair Use on YT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home