Sunday, April 27, 2008

Intensity Pro Woes

Ok, so I finally get a Dual-Core PC with PCI-Expesss and thought this as the most opportune moment to use the Intensity Pro. But... after completing all my setups, the capture in 720 and 1080 to MJPG drop LOTS of frames. Low-motion and low detail video is encoded well, but high-motion and high detail video drops TONs of frames.

I have 2 choices now, keep the 1.8Ghz dual core and use a RAID to go uncompressed (or if my processor power is still sufficent, get no dropped frames) or go to 2.4+Ghz.

Edit: I've just figured out that my LGA775 socket motherboard can go all the way to the best Quad-core processors! (but to play it safe, I'm going for the Q6600) I'm also possibly looking at a video card upgrade beyond the onboard video card to the GeForce 8600GT.

If you're on DVinfo.net, and you want to help, go to this link to help figure out why I have dropped frames...

Edit (April 28): Scratch that, a GeForce 9600GT would also do... or not. I'd better ask the guys at NCIX tomorrow about this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home