Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things not going really well since my LA trip...

First, I put my backpack in checked luggage on our plane to LA and when we got there, we discovered my PS3 BD game case was cracked and broken by rough baggage handlers at LAX...

Next, on our way to San Diego, our bus gets pulled over and ticketed for blocking an intersection...

Next, my camera breaks in San Fran due to a bad tripod...

My luck was thought to have turned at my IG visit, for a moment it probably did...

Next, we didn't want to go through more wrecked equipment on our flight back so we frustratingly tried to get the backpack into checked luggage, and what is thought to be because of that delay, we were seated in the VERY back of the plane with a loud and crying baby in the utmost back seat.

Next, My seemingly successful overclock of my Quad-core no longer works when I started to use a optimized Seti@Home application for super fast processing. Subsequent attempts at resolving it only bring up new problems. (Right now it seemed to be very stable at 1.45V but it somehow popped (like a circuit breaker) and restarted. And even now at stock speeds, the computer will soft reset if the power supply gets hot. I'm also wondering if I have too little wattage or a broken power supply... Anyways, it's VERY confusing)

Next, I did not get a interview request from my ACE-IT program...

Next, the group, Bang Bang productions, has still yet to get back to me about anything regarding us & them.

Slipping into quite a depression after the stuff about the computer, the ACE-IT program, and a day where I couldn't broadcast in Bcomm and Cody Knight did, learning that the end of the world is nigh with the LHT in Switzerland was all that I needed to hear to get me into a gigantic depression I'm in right now. I also believe that these terrible lucks most likely aren't just a coincidence, having a whole month of misfortune is quite a lot, it almost seems too much...

I desperately need something to pull me out of this...

7 Comments:

Blogger Elz said...

That sounds like a PSU thing. What power rating is your power supply, and was it used from an older build. Your power supply would probably be enough to sustain it, but my guess is that maybe with the overclock it sucked too much power and the PSU couldn't handle that amount of power consistantly.

It's been what I've had problems with on my new PC, but usually it's an easily solved problem!

Good luck with it, it doesn't sound too bad of a problem, and in fact sounds similar to my old PC about 4-5 years ago when I installed a GFX card which wanted way more power than my PSU wanted to give it!

Thu Sep 11, 06:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jack Zhang said...

It's a Corsair HX520. 520 Watts. The guys on the Seti board think it's enough for my OC;. Plus FYI, I have a Nvidia 9600GT inside too.

Well, I'm thinking it was a overheat now since I'm running it in the same settings (but with everything but the Execute Disable disabled in the ASUS BIOS, which include Vanderpool, CPU Thermal Management, and C1E halt state.) and it's so far going smooth.

Thu Sep 11, 05:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Elz said...

Hmmm, that's a damn fine power supply you have there then! I just bought the TX650 and there's enough connectors on the thing to power a lighthouse...

Glad to hear it's running smoother now, if it was an overheat just bolt a couple more fans and check your system has plenty of room to breathe and it'll be fine. The 9600GT along with the Q6700(?) shouldn't need anywhere near 520 watts at stock and even with an OC on the processor there should be plenty of headroom.

Sun Sep 14, 12:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jack Zhang said...

(Placeholder for a explicit comment)

Didn't you see the bottom of my blog? I have a zero-tolerance on swearing and flaming.

But still, in response, Bang Bang's films to the immature audience might "suck", but to the mature audience that seek depth and something to think about everytime they leave the theater, they can win a Sundance slot.

Tue Sep 16, 03:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the comment that i made was perfectly fine by internet standards. ummmmm but seriously. i doubt bang bang wants you in thier group if they havnt responded to u. im just saying if i were u i wouldnt get your hopes up...

Thu Sep 18, 01:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jack Zhang said...

Well, John Morrison got back to me trying to know what my private E-mail was and if you weren't such a pessimist (responding to your latest flame), you'd have a little respect for my recent bad luck...

Thu Sep 18, 04:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jack Zhang said...

(placeholder for yet another flame)

You're getting on my nerves, comments now disabled for this post.

Thu Sep 18, 11:09:00 PM PDT  

<< Home